IN THE STILL OF THE NIGHT: PERSONAL SAFETY FOR WOMEN
Violence against women exists in all cultures, ages, religions, sexual orientations,
educational backgrounds and income levels. The World’s Women 2010: Trends and
Statistics report from the United Nations’ Statistics Division’s reveals these key
• Women are subjected to different forms of violence – physical, sexual,
psychological and economic – both within and outside their homes.
• Rates of women experiencing physical violence at least once in their lifetime vary
from several per cent to over 59 per cent depending on where they live.
In The Still of the Night includes over 100 personal safety tips for women including:
• How to make your home safe when you are there and when you are not.
• Safety tips for traveling in a car, bus, or train
• Cruise safety tips for traveling alone or with a group
• Safety tips for young women going to college
• Tips for protecting yourself online
A former International Flight Attendant, author, professional speaker and coach,
Andrea has traveled extensively. She has witnessed events and has experienced
things that have stayed with her. Her experiences have taught her well and she is now
on a quest to ‘pay it forward.’ This book is not filled with facts and statistics, charts
and graphs but will real- life stories and observations. This book is must for all
women from 12-102.
In The Still of the Night: Personal Safety for Women
Author: Andrea Foy
Publisher: Professional Woman Publishing
Please contact us if you would like more information about Andrea, her experience, background or programs. We would also be happy to send you a copy of her book, In the Still Of The Night, Personal Safety for Women. Just send us your full mailing address and we’ll send one to your attention. We’re eager to answer your questions and help you determine if Andrea would be a good fit for your upcoming event. Thank you!
Book Andrea to speak about Personal Safety